West Columbia, South Carolina
26K views

some one has hacked my account, I can not sign in, it will not take my username

or my pass word, so what do I do? says my email is not valid, some

one is using my username and changed my password even tried to open an new account, it want let me, what do I do to get another account, I do have some very nice ladies on here that I was talking with, now I can't get back in touch with them, plenty of fish should have a way that people could let them know about their account being hacked, so plenty of fish must not care about it's users,but I have tried now for a week, can not

find any help from plenty of fish, so hoping this will help me, i would be

much appreciated if I could get back on site so I can talk with my friends,

thanks

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

POF Pros: Up until my account got hacked.

Comments

The same exact thing happened to me. My profile was taken over by some *** scammer! Its been a month----no way to get on anymore : (

Jameeka

POF implemented 2FA (two factor authentication) awhile back, which should've led to a reduction in fake/hacked accounts. In fact, I've seen a marked *increase* in fake profiles since the change.

I can only conclude that it's an inside job sanctioned by POF executive management.

It can't be occurring on such a grand scale without at least the knowledge, if not outright consent, of POF's senior leadership. Given the fact that POF is owned by Match Group and that the latter is under active investigation by the FTC and SEC, I'm not surprised by all this.

@Jameeka

That's what I was thinking! Especially because how are you going to chance someone's password AND Email to log in?

That's very fishy! not only that, it takes the "customer service email" FOREVER to respond....

IF they do. something isn't right.

Shari

Here is an email, one of many, I sent to pof and have yet to hear back from them. "It appears I have been locked out of my account, user name; sojourner62.

I sent several emails with issues the past few days to csr@pof.com and have not gotten a single response. The last thing that occurred while I was on my account was responding to an email from another user "Blulady(Karen)" that said she saw photos of me with the same user name on a pof sister site Chemistry.com and said there was some embarassing content there. She gave me a link which I used to check and it brought me back to a pof login page. I tried to login but it didn't work.

I emailed her through pof again and thanked her for the heads up and told her the link didn't work. Shortly after that I received emails from pof saying my account email and password had been updated. Since then I have not been able to access my account.

I am a paid member so I cancelled my card at my credit union this morning but won't know until Monday weather that information was compromised. Would someone please communicate with me about this issue?" I am a paid member and they will not even respond to any of my half a dozen emails.

My account got hacked for the 2nd time. I'm having the same issues I created my account about a week ago.

I tried logging in and it's not recognizing my password and I tried to reset password it doesn't recognize my email either. I believe someone took over my POF account again. This is so frustrating with POF.

There's no way you can contact them for an assistant. I'm done with them.

i cannot sign into my account

Email the PR department at PR@pof.com. It's the only contact info I could find and let them know you are contacting the press regarding the data breach they are not responding too!

Martie
#1782029

My account with POF has been hacked. Everything is the same but login info and my pictures. My account is paid up til 09-20.

hhh

My account was hacked today. Hundreds of emails of guys responding to messages not sent by me!!

I manage to delete my pics but the person who hacked me was putting up pics of other girls.

I emailed pof & now I cannot access my account via my password,so the hacker has locked me out. I'm still awaiting a response from POF

@Anonymous

Same here!!!! So I guess there’s no hope, huh?

mines was just hacked im supercareful with my password and i was able to change my password once but it got my new password. i think someone on pof staff is doing this

Ellissa

My account was hacked, started receiving all kinds of messages in the middle of the night. Woke up now I can’t get in and they won’t send me a recovery email. This is kinda scary.

@Ellissa

You dont. Your account will soon be frozen, you will lose all your contacts and be forced to make a new account PoF will do nothing to help you

@Anonymous

I confirm that to be true. Somebody needs to hold them accountable.

You have.

a reasonable expectation that POF will secure your personal information and act accordingly if there is a security issue. They won't quit til someone sues them.

my acct was hacked today to by some girl name lala sending disgusting messages to all these guys how do I fix my password on the app

Locked out of POF account

Monika

Also hacked on 11/15/19. Somebody figured out my password got into my acct and changed my email.

I am totally locked out. Someone could be doing god-knows-what with my profile info and pics. Nobody at POF is responding to any emails so far.

I emailed 2 different addresses at POF and feedback on the login page. So frustrated and worried!!!!!

@Monika

You should not use POF. Look at the comments below.

This is a ongoing huge issue for years and POF does nothing to help you or secure you. There is no way to protect your account. I was hacked within 1 day of reopening. PoF will do nothing for you except tell you to make a new account.

Your previous contacts will be lost and they will probably have recieved a nude photo with scam phone number. Its super embarrassing.... most of us that got hacked get accused as a bot.

But its pof lacks security system. Advice, stop using pof

The exact Same thing happened to me yesterday and I cannot getting contact with POF. This really sucks

POF Reviews