State: Ontario City: Whitby Clear all filters (1 of 2232 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:

POF review in Whitby, Ontario: Banned User

2.9
Recently my profile on POF was hacked by scammers. The password was changed and the pictures were replaced by those of someone who was not me. I discovered this by creating a new profile. I thought I was doing the right thing by reporting the hacked profile to Markus and by alerting contacts that my old user name was no longer actually me. The hacked profile was removed and my new profile stayed active for about a week before being deleted. Any attempt to register a new profile is not accepted and it is clear that my IP address is being blocked. I have written to customer service 3 time so far and had no response. The complete lack of customer service on this site is deplorable and forces users to try to trick the system. Personally, I would love to see this site be boycotted but that is not going to happen. You ultimately just have to accept that you are banned and move on, even though you were the victim. Hopefully Match can improve it's non-existant service but don't hold your breath, Markus doesn't care.
Review
Cons
  • Lack of customer service
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
re-instatement of dating site profile
Tags