51.6K views

So I've had a pof account for less than a month. It seemed to be working well for meeting new people and I had hope for finding a woman to settle down with.

I was never rude, never uploaded or sent any nude pictures. Whoever runs this site is like a dictator in their little computer chair, just deleting accounts at random for no reason. Someone else said something about how if one of the lady's finds a man and settles down then they won't pay for their upgraded accounts because they won't need it anymore. They "found their fish", no longer need pof.

Its starting to make sense now when i see that the only people I've ever heard about who's accounts have been deleted are guys. I was meeting new people and getting to know a girl that I would have been great with. I go to login today and see what she wrote back only to find out my account has been deleted. Now I'll never know.

Thanks pof for wasting my time and deleting my account.

If anyone ever asks me about pof, my advice would be don't waste your time only to be let down and deleted. The people running the site are stepping way over the line with trying to control everyone on there.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pof Account.

Comments

I just made an account yesterday and spend over 2 hours setting it up and got on it today and my account was deleted

@Anonymous

I am not sure if anyone else noticed that Plenty Of Fish changed their webpage. Nothing on the webpage says nothing about being "Free".

The source code to the web page has the word free mentioned 7 times however this is the part of the webpage that is never seen the "Metadata" that google uses to index the website so when someone searches free dating website on google the pof website comes up in the search. There are over 35 pages on this webpage complaining that they were deleted for no reason.

@Anonymous

The Other Problems with plenty of fish are according to Google plenty of fish has 100 employees. Do you really think 100 people can handle the amount of emails and phone calls that 25 million plenty of fish users would generate???

So since they only have 100 employees they most likely use "Volunteer Moderators". How do they pick these people?

Are they mature enough and can they set aside their emotions long enough to be fair to people rather than just delete accounts non stop. The moderator problem has been around forever, every chat room or website that has a lot of users has moderators who are immature and abuse the powers that the moderator has to ban or delete users.

I have had mine deleted twice now within 48 hours of each other. POF advised its to do with their automated system.

Not sure if they’re having technical issues however the more people that report it the better.

I’m frustrated too and I know at the moment there is no point for a third time creating a new account for this to happen again. #Young female user

@Anonymous

The system they are using is pathetic. If you create your profile too fast by using copy and paste from a text document you previously typed up on your computer you get deleted.

If too many people block or report you, you get deleted. Don't upload pictures right away, you get deleted. Don't complete their dumb questionnaire, you get deleted.

Don't subscribe for an upgrade, you get deleted. These people are liars and cannot be trusted.

@Anonymous

Please read some of the other comments on this webpage, you may get enlightened about plenty of fish.

ShabbyTrout459

I agree! I met a few good men on here and went back to see what they wrote and they deleted my page over night !

Why do you guys do this ?!? I didn’t do anything wrong !!

#1761988
@ShabbyTrout459

Because they are saying the website is free when in reality it's only free to sign up. To get full functionality they want you to subscribe.

So if you don't sign up within a certain amount of time they delete your account. Please read some of the other comments that were posted here, you will find out what plenty of fish is really about "MONEY" from Advertisement Dollars.

Mine has been deleted twice recently for no reason and I’m female. So idk what’s going on. I won’t be making another though.

I have had my account for 3 hours and POF deleted my account. It's disgusting that guys can send *** pics and ask continuously for sex or oral but even after reporting then they can keep theirs? That makes no sense.

Same thing just happened to me what the heck hey!! Also pissed

To all the paid users that were deleted it sounds like a class action lawsuits is in order to stop their scamming

In all honesty they most likely did you a favor and you are unable to see it. Never look for love on line.

It's a fantasy.

There are other ways to meet ladies than the internet. Too many scammers

It's a fantasy. There are other ways to meet ladies than the internet. Too many scammers be it man or woman. You can't trust anyone.

Traditional ways of finding someone to share your life with still exist. It's just been forgotten!

Good luck. POF smells fishy from here

Julie Smith
#1720831
Online Dating Expert
According to the Plenty of Fish Help section, POF has 0 tolerance for users who are rude, upload fake pictures, married, use sexual language in their first email, upload nude photos or break our terms of service in any way. Any user caught doing so is deleted.

You may also be deleted if you accumulate a high number of blocks.

Users who are deleted may not sign up to the service again. If you need any assistance with your account, you may try to reach out to POF Customer Service directly via the Contacts tab on the Pissed Consumer website and provide them with full details regarding your issue.
@Julie Smith

Your suggestion does not explain the fact that a person can sign up and create a profile then simply browse the website for 15 minutes doing nothing wrong and the account gets deleted. Please explain this we would all really love a valid explanation for this.

@Anonymous

Users who are deleted may not sign up to the service again. The way they are doing this is they gather information about your network connection, about your IP address, about whatever device you logged in from, about your web browser.

This is how even if you use a different email they still know it's you attempting to sign up from from the same network on the same device.

Once detected they delete you again. Please stop trying and please Uninstall the mobile apps, stop enabling these people to get free money from Advertisement dollars.

@Anonymous

Same thing happened to me! Just browsing for several minutes then booted off the site!

Never even talked to anyone, just gave a few likes! And I'm a girl, so the theory that they just boot guys isn't accurate.

@Anonymous

I think if you log on from a computer web browser with privacy features like "Disable Tracking" enabled they assume you are hiding something. I have read that if you install the mobile app on android or iphone then shut off wifi and use cellular data to create the account through the mobile app, then you don't get deleted.

I am not sure how accurate that is just I read it from more than one source so there might be something to that. Overall you are probably better off without Plenty Of Fish, because the company behing them Match Group/IAC corporation is corrupt and they are basically making the majority of their revenue through Advertisement Dollars, So it doesn't matter if you were there 15 minutes and then got deleted because in that 15 minutes they got paid advertisement money and the mobile app on your phone does ads in the background to make the loads of dollars.

@Anonymous

Same signed up and within a couple hours was deleted. Never even messaged anyone or got any messages.

POF Reviews