53.2K views

So I've had a pof account for less than a month. It seemed to be working well for meeting new people and I had hope for finding a woman to settle down with.

I was never rude, never uploaded or sent any nude pictures. Whoever runs this site is like a dictator in their little computer chair, just deleting accounts at random for no reason. Someone else said something about how if one of the lady's finds a man and settles down then they won't pay for their upgraded accounts because they won't need it anymore. They "found their fish", no longer need pof.

Its starting to make sense now when i see that the only people I've ever heard about who's accounts have been deleted are guys. I was meeting new people and getting to know a girl that I would have been great with. I go to login today and see what she wrote back only to find out my account has been deleted. Now I'll never know.

Thanks pof for wasting my time and deleting my account.

If anyone ever asks me about pof, my advice would be don't waste your time only to be let down and deleted. The people running the site are stepping way over the line with trying to control everyone on there.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pof Account.

Comments

I connected once while I was using a VPN and got banned. I tried to join again using my email and phone number and my account was terminated later that day.

I didn't do anything even close to wrong, other than connect through a vpn. I'll never be able to use the site again using my phone number I guess. It would've been nice if they had warned me in some way that a vpn = a permanent ban.

I lost my paid membership stuff. What a weird site.

@PissedConsumer1873587

Call your credit card company and tell them what happened or plenty of fish will keep charging you for an account you cannot access. The vpn may have gotten you banned.

They are banning a lot of people vpn or not because they have weird security rules that try to detect bot, spammers, and scammers. Create your profile too fast, They delete you. Send too many messages too fast or use copy and paste, They delete you.

If too many people report your profile or block you, They delete you. The website really is just a huge scam they are basically making all their money from traffic to their website and advertisement dollars.

Alex Davis

Pof and other American dating sites never worked for me, I finally met my girl on Seek4Her.com when I was about to give way to despair

mine has been deleted for no reason 2x.. I

@PissedConsumer1850392

So was mine

i had my account for 3 days now and never had anything rude or nude at all and now i find my account deleted for no reason. i havent even messaged anyone at all yet.

mabey its cause my user name said loney(which is true) or that my description said forever alone?(which being 45 is sad but true but that doesnt stop me from trying) i guess everyone wants someone fake who lies to their face instead of someone whos 100% real and honest??? i mean who tells people there very lonely and a forever alone???

someone who will never lie to you, thats who. someone who will always be 100% real to you and not some fake person taking advantage of you, thats who.

@PissedConsumer1843062

Your account getting deleted had absolutely nothing to do with your username containing the word lonely. Please read the other comments here and you will learn the reason why your account got deleted.

The FTC actually sued match.com for fraud. First they called into question the fact that before you subscribe you get winks, likes, or interest that are fake because as soon as you subscribe all these winks, likes, or interest suddenly disappear.

Second they had some kind of six month guarantee that had fine print attached to it.

This is relevant to plenty of fish because the same company that owns plenty of fish also owns match.com. These companies are committing fraud.

@PissedConsumer1840301

The FTC also questioned why the cancel subscription is buried 10 levels deep in the users account settings. Anyone canceling a subscription on these websites needs to go into the settings > find the subscription area > uncheck the auto renewal box > then continue to cancel the subscription.

Otherwise they will continue to bill you. Cancelling the subscription should automatically stop any further charges. The way these websites are setup up is you cancel and they keep charging you.

Then they blame it on the user not finding the settings 10 levels deep and uncheck the auto renew. These people are doing this on purpose and it's about time the FTC does something about it.

The owners of POF called me saying they were customer service, then stated talking nasty and saying the D.. Ck word constantly, if I like men or big D...

This site is owned by 2 High Schoolers playing games with peoples money and feelings.

DO NOT JOIN. They are ripping you off!

Yhea bro me too my pof was deleted I was logged off and could not log back in it kept telling me wrong password when I write every password down so I know it's correct POF had really went down hill I give this app a 2

Taim

*** Pof admin stop fake and hacking

@Taim

I think all the things happening on the Plenty Of Fish website are being done on purpose by the people running the website. They want people paying for subscriptions and upgrades and even when you do pay they still delete you and still charge your credit card even though you are deleted and cannot log back in. These people are thieves and nothing besides.

Taim

ID hacking and fake profile openings will not stop

#1820828

POF is Garbage in 2020... You are better off getting a group of FRIENDS together and going to a bar.

Plenty Of Fish is owned by IAC/Match Group and they now also own dozens of other dating websites and dating apps. Plenty Of Fish is No Longer free it's only free to sign up. What IAC/Match Group has done is buy out existing dating sites and apps and then modify them to MAXIMIZE PROFITS. If you don't Upgrade to a subscription they will delete your account.

Again please browse through the other comments and direct your friends to read them too. The more people that stop trying to sign up on Plenty Of Fish the less money these thieves get to steal from innocent people.

#1819531

No one can open Fake PoF ID if there is a Face Security system,Turn on the Face Security system

#1819481

They open an pof account with different types of free VPN

#1819452

The more people that stop trying to sign up on Plenty Of Fish the less money these thieves get to steal from innocent people.ID hacking and fake profile openings will not stop?The security system like tender has to be Plenty Of Fish

I created my account today too, twice it got deleted! WTH!!! At least let me know why it’s been deleted, not just delete and say nothing.

@PissedConsumer1796176

Read the comments on this page it explains everything. Plenty Of Fish is owned by IAC/Match Group and they now also own dozens of other dating websites and dating apps.

POF Reviews