54.3K views

So I've had a pof account for less than a month. It seemed to be working well for meeting new people and I had hope for finding a woman to settle down with.

I was never rude, never uploaded or sent any nude pictures. Whoever runs this site is like a dictator in their little computer chair, just deleting accounts at random for no reason. Someone else said something about how if one of the lady's finds a man and settles down then they won't pay for their upgraded accounts because they won't need it anymore. They "found their fish", no longer need pof.

Its starting to make sense now when i see that the only people I've ever heard about who's accounts have been deleted are guys. I was meeting new people and getting to know a girl that I would have been great with. I go to login today and see what she wrote back only to find out my account has been deleted. Now I'll never know.

Thanks pof for wasting my time and deleting my account.

If anyone ever asks me about pof, my advice would be don't waste your time only to be let down and deleted. The people running the site are stepping way over the line with trying to control everyone on there.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pof Account.

Comments

#2055237

PLENTY OF FISH site is really for hard up people who cant find someone in their own area because that person is flagged. My buddy was a drunk.

So he found a drunk on POF and now you have two more drunks on the road. In my personal time with POF. It is like a dicktatorship. Everything is about money with POF.

Men pay and chicks are free. What a rude set up. I do have an account on POF. I have not seen it in over 9 months.

I find writing pen pal chicks in prison more fun than dating a gold digger on POF.. Gold digger is a girl who makes you pay for her fun, big dinners and she pays nothing.

#2065843
@Eric W Zxz

They want men to subscribe mostly. They mainly make almost 100% of their money from advertisement revenue.

If you copy and paste to create your profile they delete you because you did it too fast.

If you don't subscribe they delete you and even if you do subscribe they delete you also and you don't get your money back and they keep charging your credit card. Avoid plenty of fish it's basically a scam website ran by thieves.

#2032130

I’m a woman, I paid for 6 month 6/27/2021. Never did anything rude or improper.

Starting from 7/3/2021. All of sudden all my messages I sent out were deleted right away. And I couldn’t receive any messages anymore. There is no customer service number I could call.

No response to my emails to ask fix the problem. The thing real pissed off was the people I was communicating with would just think I am rude and disappeared for no reason, but I’m not like that!! POF sucks!

Zero customer service. I would give a -10 if I could.

#2013627

POF just deleted my account today and they won’t tell me why . All they say is I violated there community rules.

Which I never did . I also never did upgrade my account. I was contacted by one person which she left me her email and phone number. I sent her message back .

When I try to sign in because I had a few women like me .

My account was deleted permanently with no warning . I am trying to challenge the banned

#2019812
@PissedConsumer2013627

You need to read the other comments on this website. There are a lot of pages of comments. The comments will tell you what's up with the deletions and plenty of fish.

#1988036

I'm a woman, did nothing, was polite when I shouldn't have been and my profile was removed with only a vague explanation referring to the guidelines. Not helpful!

Especially when I didn't do anything. And the app glitches and I get messages that I can't reply to, or only to some. It has caused problems for being able to meet guys I'm interested in.

What the heck?! How is this a dating site if it doesn't work properly?!

#1990688
@PissedConsumer1988036

They don't want it to work properly. The deleting of profiles is being done on purpose, most likely for financial reasons.

They want you to subscribe or go to their other PAY website match.com. The mobile app what they do is send you fake messages saying this person is interested in you so you tap the link and your phone's web browser takes you to a plenty of fish web page where advertisements are loaded.

The advertisement is how they are getting paid, In other words it was a scam to get you to click a link so they get paid. Online dating is full of scams, schemes, spammers, loonies, hackers, and *** You are better off going to social events to meet someone.

#1972232

delete-pof-account POF (Plenty of Fish) a Canadian online dating service application. It is very popular in Canada, the UK, New Zealand, Australia, Spain, Ireland, the US, and Brazil.

It is free to use the service. While using the Pof account, users got their match and still showing up to other users through the MeetMe feature. But if you have got the one through POF application, and now you want to cancel the POF subscription that you are paying for, then the best way to deactivate profile.

In this blog, you will get the methods that will help you How to Delete the POF account. for more info :- https://www.instanthelpsolution.com/delete-pof-account/

#1971879

#1973842
@Josue

The postings here are not from people wanting to delete their accounts and profile. The postings here are from people that had their accounts and profile deleted by Plenty Of Fish for seemingly no specific reason and they are upset about it.

Read through the numerous pages of postings here, there are a lot of good theories on why these deletions are taking place. Plenty Of Fish is most likely doing the deletions for financial purposes.

#1941162

Since my account was deleted last year over a bathing suit pic I now made new account a few months ago and decided to not post those bathing suit pics. Also Im fat so my bathing suit is literally shorts and a alter top with a see thru cover up that goes on top.

Anyway I assumed it was a guy reporting my profile cuz I don't want anything to do with him. Also I like to mention I was seeing this guy a short while that I met over POF. Anyway so he messaged me recently after being off pof for about a year. Next thing I know my profile is being reported because I posted a pic of my son and I.

It was a pic of our heads. my profile was reported and saying something about posting inanimate objects like a boat or car, neither was in my pic by the way. So I cropped the pic and took out my son so now the pic is just of my face. It was reported again.

I'm afraid my account will get deleted again. How am I suppy to find love and happiness. This has happened on other dating sites as well.

I don't post nudes, I hate my body and I gained alot of weight so that I won't Do. But I think dating sites need to fix there rules and take a look at whose reporting.

#1941536
@PissedConsumer1941162

It's not about you or your bathing suite. The deleting of accounts is being done on purpose for financial reason by the owners of POF.

#1941161

My account was deleted last year! I now have a new one.

I don't understand why it was deleted. I posted a pic of my son and I and we were at the beach. I got a message saying I was showing nudity when I was not. I was fully covered and I'm a bigger girl so I wear a see thru over top over my entire bathing suit which is a halter top and shorts.

Yes I wear shorts to swim in. Next thing I know someone reported me for nudity. I reposted the pic and someone reported me again and my account was deleted just like that.

I find it funny that I had that pic up multiple times before and no issues but I met someone and hunyout several times with them and after we stopped seeing each other is when it started happening. It's messed up people don't want you happy but because they are selfish and don't want you dating.

#1932417

I met someone on pof six weeks ago so hid my profile, but yesterday I had 47 messages from men! I tried to log into my account but it said I had violated had my account removed.

I’m baffled as I’ve not used it for six weeks. Have I been hacked?

#1939575
@PissedConsumer1932417

Simple really. You were probably using a free account so you weren't paying them for a subscription, hence why you were deleted.

When you hide your profile the other users cannot click on your profile to view it and load advertisements at the same time, hence pof not making money. POF deletes thousands of profiles a day because they have no shortage of people signing up and making them advertisement dollars.

The mobile app makes them millions of dollars. POF sends fake interest messages to you and when you click the link in the mobile app a webpage opens up and you realize it was fake, the kicker is all they wanted you to do is open the link so their advertisements get loaded and they get paid for the ads.

#1972327
@PissedConsumer1939575

Two days ago, I made an account and paid for a 3mo subscription. That same night of creation, my account was deleted.

Literally less than 24 hours later. I did not break any rules or terms of service. My profile was squeaky clean as I know POF deletes accounts.

I now have a dispute in with Apple to get my money back since I paid 40 dollars for a site i didn’t even get to use. I am a woman, btw.

#1932225

I've had my profile deleted twice now for no reason, I'm female

#1934159
@PissedConsumer1932225

They don't care about happy or pleased customers. They are making over a hundred million a year just on advertisements alone.

The reasons for the deleted accounts is simple, they want you to use their other dating website MATCH.com you know where you PAY a subscription to be there. Besides with the number of users they claim to gain every year the would have over a billion members by now.

#1926282

My account was banned today. I never posted nude photos.

I was never rude to anyone.

I never had inappropriate conversations and no explanation as to why. Not impressed with how they treat their customers.

#1927570
@Elzbethfay

If you actually took the time to read the other comments here you would see that IAC/Matchgroup bought out and own many dating apps Plenty Of fish, OkCupid, Tinder, Hinge, How about we, Ourtime, and more. They bought these dating websites and apps and modified them to maximize profits.

Is it any coincidence that Okcupid is suddenly having user profiles getting deleted just like on plenty of fish.

It's about money because the want you to subscribe to Match.com or one of their other Paid Subscription websites or applications. It's all about advertisement dollars and financial gain.

POF Reviews