54.3K views

So I've had a pof account for less than a month. It seemed to be working well for meeting new people and I had hope for finding a woman to settle down with.

I was never rude, never uploaded or sent any nude pictures. Whoever runs this site is like a dictator in their little computer chair, just deleting accounts at random for no reason. Someone else said something about how if one of the lady's finds a man and settles down then they won't pay for their upgraded accounts because they won't need it anymore. They "found their fish", no longer need pof.

Its starting to make sense now when i see that the only people I've ever heard about who's accounts have been deleted are guys. I was meeting new people and getting to know a girl that I would have been great with. I go to login today and see what she wrote back only to find out my account has been deleted. Now I'll never know.

Thanks pof for wasting my time and deleting my account.

If anyone ever asks me about pof, my advice would be don't waste your time only to be let down and deleted. The people running the site are stepping way over the line with trying to control everyone on there.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pof Account.

Comments

#1922589

My POF account was just deleted also. I have no idea why.

Have had an account for ten years that I have used on and off. Never violated any of their rules.

Have no idea why it was deleted. And I am a woman.

#1922598
@PissedConsumer1922589

Please read the other comments on these pages. The reasons why you got deleted are in the comments here.

#1926292
@PissedConsumer1922598

These comments on here do not tell us why our accounts got deleted.

#1927568
@Elzbethfay

The deleted accounts are being done on purpose and YES if you browse the many pages of comments you will see the various reasons or theories on why the accounts are being deleted. Rest assured it's being done on purpose and that there is some financial reasons behind what they are doing.

#1921260

IAC/MatchGroup owns plenty of fish they also own a lot of other dating websites and apps as well including Match.com, Tinder, OkCupid, OurTime and more. The reason they are deleting the plenty of fish accounts is they are trying to push people towards their Subscription websites like Match.com.

Plenty Of Fish use to be half way decent before IAC/MatchGroup bought it and ruined it because they are trying to maximize profits by pushing people to Match.com. The money they make from Plenty Of Fish is primarily from advertisement dollars because with the amount of deleted profiles that's the only way they can be making money.

#1905857

POF is the pits In 2020 it's become nothing more than a platform for displaying adverts. They are desperate for site visitors and the only reason it exists is to present adverts to a selective audience themed 'dating'.

The site is now just a free development platform where fake profiles evolve more successfully than real human users to evade deletion. They used to just weed out rogue profiles automatically but now the real reason why they delete a profile is because an algorithim scanning data on the site deems the content you provided is in some way is a threat to their revenue generation. For whatever reason. Their only priority is getting people to click on adverts, anything reducing it is deleted.

The POF algorithim then logs your IP address, registered phone number and together with browser cookie data etc and adds it all to a block list. Concerned about being tracked online? Well you should be. You have given them personal data about YOU, your name, the device you use, intimate personal details, your IP address, your region, what adverts you may had clicked on, everything you had wrote, whom you had spoke to, the lot.

All of this can go on the block list POF have. You are personally identified on the block list. Typical cause of deletion? How about if you persist causing their system to display adverts outside of the sponsor's region, or maybe if you use an advert blocker - yes they'll delete your profile for that too.

If you re-create another profile but you re-utilise any personally identifiable data stored in their block list?, yes they'll delete AND add all new data you supply that personally identifies YOU. POF is more than dead in 2020, it is just a growing repository of personal data captured from people.

#1907638
@PissedConsumer1905857

I have been saying this for years. POF is all about the advertisement dollars.

They made 100 million dollars in the year 2015 and I bet that entire amount was primarily from advertisements. Basically it's a huge scam.

When using their mobile app they will send you messages about someone being interested in you, then if you click the link it brings you to a page loaded with ads. POF actually got worse after they were bought out by IAC/Match group.

#1907640
@PissedConsumer1905857

I forgot to mention that web design has actually got a lot more complex. They can actually tell what device you are on from your user agent header, your mac address, and other device identifiers.

The banks now do this if you change something on your computer they detect it and make you verify yourself.

Log on from a different computer the same thing. I bet POF really hates ad blockers because that cost them money.

I connected once while I was using a VPN and got banned. I tried to join again using my email and phone number and my account was terminated later that day.

I didn't do anything even close to wrong, other than connect through a vpn. I'll never be able to use the site again using my phone number I guess. It would've been nice if they had warned me in some way that a vpn = a permanent ban.

I lost my paid membership stuff. What a weird site.

@PissedConsumer1873587

Call your credit card company and tell them what happened or plenty of fish will keep charging you for an account you cannot access. The vpn may have gotten you banned.

They are banning a lot of people vpn or not because they have weird security rules that try to detect bot, spammers, and scammers. Create your profile too fast, They delete you. Send too many messages too fast or use copy and paste, They delete you.

If too many people report your profile or block you, They delete you. The website really is just a huge scam they are basically making all their money from traffic to their website and advertisement dollars.

Pof and other American dating sites never worked for me, I finally met my girl on Seek4Her.com when I was about to give way to despair

#1921262
@Alex Davis

Please stop advertising your Ukrainian dating website here. Advertise it n Google instead. Thank You.

mine has been deleted for no reason 2x.. I

@PissedConsumer1850392

So was mine

i had my account for 3 days now and never had anything rude or nude at all and now i find my account deleted for no reason. i havent even messaged anyone at all yet.

mabey its cause my user name said loney(which is true) or that my description said forever alone?(which being 45 is sad but true but that doesnt stop me from trying) i guess everyone wants someone fake who lies to their face instead of someone whos 100% real and honest??? i mean who tells people there very lonely and a forever alone???

someone who will never lie to you, thats who. someone who will always be 100% real to you and not some fake person taking advantage of you, thats who.

@PissedConsumer1843062

Your account getting deleted had absolutely nothing to do with your username containing the word lonely. Please read the other comments here and you will learn the reason why your account got deleted.

The FTC actually sued match.com for fraud. First they called into question the fact that before you subscribe you get winks, likes, or interest that are fake because as soon as you subscribe all these winks, likes, or interest suddenly disappear.

Second they had some kind of six month guarantee that had fine print attached to it.

This is relevant to plenty of fish because the same company that owns plenty of fish also owns match.com. These companies are committing fraud.

@PissedConsumer1840301

The FTC also questioned why the cancel subscription is buried 10 levels deep in the users account settings. Anyone canceling a subscription on these websites needs to go into the settings > find the subscription area > uncheck the auto renewal box > then continue to cancel the subscription.

Otherwise they will continue to bill you. Cancelling the subscription should automatically stop any further charges. The way these websites are setup up is you cancel and they keep charging you.

Then they blame it on the user not finding the settings 10 levels deep and uncheck the auto renew. These people are doing this on purpose and it's about time the FTC does something about it.

The owners of POF called me saying they were customer service, then stated talking nasty and saying the D.. Ck word constantly, if I like men or big D...

This site is owned by 2 High Schoolers playing games with peoples money and feelings.

DO NOT JOIN. They are ripping you off!

Yhea bro me too my pof was deleted I was logged off and could not log back in it kept telling me wrong password when I write every password down so I know it's correct POF had really went down hill I give this app a 2

POF Reviews