54.3K views

So I've had a pof account for less than a month. It seemed to be working well for meeting new people and I had hope for finding a woman to settle down with.

I was never rude, never uploaded or sent any nude pictures. Whoever runs this site is like a dictator in their little computer chair, just deleting accounts at random for no reason. Someone else said something about how if one of the lady's finds a man and settles down then they won't pay for their upgraded accounts because they won't need it anymore. They "found their fish", no longer need pof.

Its starting to make sense now when i see that the only people I've ever heard about who's accounts have been deleted are guys. I was meeting new people and getting to know a girl that I would have been great with. I go to login today and see what she wrote back only to find out my account has been deleted. Now I'll never know.

Thanks pof for wasting my time and deleting my account.

If anyone ever asks me about pof, my advice would be don't waste your time only to be let down and deleted. The people running the site are stepping way over the line with trying to control everyone on there.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pof Account.

Comments

I have had my account for 3 hours and POF deleted my account. It's disgusting that guys can send *** pics and ask continuously for sex or oral but even after reporting then they can keep theirs? That makes no sense.

Same thing just happened to me what the heck hey!! Also pissed

To all the paid users that were deleted it sounds like a class action lawsuits is in order to stop their scamming

In all honesty they most likely did you a favor and you are unable to see it. Never look for love on line.

It's a fantasy.

There are other ways to meet ladies than the internet. Too many scammers

It's a fantasy. There are other ways to meet ladies than the internet. Too many scammers be it man or woman. You can't trust anyone.

Traditional ways of finding someone to share your life with still exist. It's just been forgotten!

Good luck. POF smells fishy from here

#1720831
Online Dating Expert
According to the Plenty of Fish Help section, POF has 0 tolerance for users who are rude, upload fake pictures, married, use sexual language in their first email, upload nude photos or break our terms of service in any way. Any user caught doing so is deleted.

You may also be deleted if you accumulate a high number of blocks.

Users who are deleted may not sign up to the service again. If you need any assistance with your account, you may try to reach out to POF Customer Service directly via the Contacts tab on the Pissed Consumer website and provide them with full details regarding your issue.
@Julie Smith

Your suggestion does not explain the fact that a person can sign up and create a profile then simply browse the website for 15 minutes doing nothing wrong and the account gets deleted. Please explain this we would all really love a valid explanation for this.

@PissedConsumer1722515

Users who are deleted may not sign up to the service again. The way they are doing this is they gather information about your network connection, about your IP address, about whatever device you logged in from, about your web browser.

This is how even if you use a different email they still know it's you attempting to sign up from from the same network on the same device.

Once detected they delete you again. Please stop trying and please Uninstall the mobile apps, stop enabling these people to get free money from Advertisement dollars.

@PissedConsumer1722515

Same thing happened to me! Just browsing for several minutes then booted off the site!

Never even talked to anyone, just gave a few likes! And I'm a girl, so the theory that they just boot guys isn't accurate.

@PissedConsumer1746061

I think if you log on from a computer web browser with privacy features like "Disable Tracking" enabled they assume you are hiding something. I have read that if you install the mobile app on android or iphone then shut off wifi and use cellular data to create the account through the mobile app, then you don't get deleted.

I am not sure how accurate that is just I read it from more than one source so there might be something to that. Overall you are probably better off without Plenty Of Fish, because the company behing them Match Group/IAC corporation is corrupt and they are basically making the majority of their revenue through Advertisement Dollars, So it doesn't matter if you were there 15 minutes and then got deleted because in that 15 minutes they got paid advertisement money and the mobile app on your phone does ads in the background to make the loads of dollars.

@PissedConsumer1722515

Same signed up and within a couple hours was deleted. Never even messaged anyone or got any messages.

@Julie Smith

Reading all these comments it appears that the cat is out of the bag about Plenty Of Fish. Hopefully more and more people will see the truth and drop Plenty of Fish like a bad habit.

Online dating for the most part is just money seeking companies that own and operate these websites perpetrating scams and cons on people seeking a basic human need. These companies are being predatory and should be stopped.

The exact same thing happened to me!!!! They said I violated their terms of agreement but refused to say how.

I believe they are deleting users who do not want to pay, even though they say you can use it for FREE.

There should be a class action lawsuit against them for this!!!! False advertising and illegal deletion of accounts!

@Tzvi

Plenty Of Fish is even deleting "Paid Subscribers" too. The website is a scam.

They make nearly all of their money off of Advertisement Revenue. The reason why you see fake profiles or *** profiles is because people "Click On" those profiles based upon the picture. When those profiles are "Clicked On" more advertisements load and Plenty Of Fish get paid more money. They are all about "Generating More Clicks" to "Get More Advertisement Dollars" They made 100 million US Dollars in 2014.

People need to stop trying to sign up for this scam website, people need to stop creating account after account, then uninstall the mobile app from your smartphone.

They make the most money on the smartphone app because it runs in the background on your phone, displaying ads in the background on your phone so they get more advertisement dollars just because you have the app installed on your phone. Please stop enabling these thieves, stop visiting the website and get rid of the smartphone app, when you do that they don't get money.

@PissedConsumer1713323

I got deleted and refunded went to upgrade new account the 1 mth 6 mth and 12 mth option is gone. Its 2 4 or 8 mths.

@Tamea

This just shows How Greedy They are. Why start at 2 months?

What if the user decides they don't like POF after one month? The person probably wont get refunded. They delete people extremely fast, the ones that don't get deleted right away get deleted later when they don't upgrade. I am pretty sure that POF has people doing Google searches of review sites like this one and reads the reviews.

After I have said certain things about POF on this website suddenly the POF website changes within a few days or weeks. They recently changed their webpage again to a whole new format that no longer shows you profiles. Everything they do is to "Get You To Sign Up". The account deletions really are out of control, way too fast.

You can create an account and be deleted within 15 minutes, without breaking any rules just browsing.

How do they expect to get people to upgrade when they are doing these deletions?? The stockholders for Match Group/IAC corporation should be upset about the deletions because it probably cuts down on revenue.

@Tzvi

If you go to pof.com, the main webpage says they get 70,000 new singles per day. That's 2,170,000 people per month that are generating "Advertisement Revenue By Clicks".

This is how they make 100 million dollars per year.

out of that 2,170,000 people per month, I bet almost every single one gets their profile deleted. Wake Up People!!

@PissedConsumer1713326

That would be 70,000 x 365 days = 25,550,000 million new users per year on top of the existing users. Their servers and staff most likely cannot handle that amount of traffic/members. This is probably another factor in all the profiles being deleted.

@Tzvi

These people are liars. My friends and I did an experiment.

We all made profiles and completed the profiles to different degrees. Some uploaded pictures and some did not. Nobody contacted anyone. Each one of us was deleted within 30 minutes.

No terms of service were violated at all. No sexual remarks in the profiles, everything was clean and on the up and up. Still deleted within 30 minutes. They are lying to protect their Ad Revenues.

25,550,000 million new users per year on top of the existing users.

They cannot handle that amount of people which is why they delete certain types of profiles automatically. You cannot trust these people, they are after money and nothing besides.

@Tzvi

I agree! They are deleting users that will not upgrade.

I, too, was deleted. I have never been derogatory in any way, but have had many upgraded users send me derogatory messages! I immediately tell them I am not interested or will not accept sexual comments and I was deleted. This site is a joke and definitely unsafe.

I’ve seen married men on here that I know, had weird sexual predators and many text looking for domination. As long as they are upgraded members, they are not deleted.

The filters do not work, I specified pictures only, an age limit, height limit, none were honored. I get thousands of messages from users not in my filtered limits, without the use of filters it is impossible to weed out what you are not interested in, and then, I was deleted for no apparent reason, other than possibly blocking the upgraded sexual predators.

POF Reviews