54.3K views

So I've had a pof account for less than a month. It seemed to be working well for meeting new people and I had hope for finding a woman to settle down with.

I was never rude, never uploaded or sent any nude pictures. Whoever runs this site is like a dictator in their little computer chair, just deleting accounts at random for no reason. Someone else said something about how if one of the lady's finds a man and settles down then they won't pay for their upgraded accounts because they won't need it anymore. They "found their fish", no longer need pof.

Its starting to make sense now when i see that the only people I've ever heard about who's accounts have been deleted are guys. I was meeting new people and getting to know a girl that I would have been great with. I go to login today and see what she wrote back only to find out my account has been deleted. Now I'll never know.

Thanks pof for wasting my time and deleting my account.

If anyone ever asks me about pof, my advice would be don't waste your time only to be let down and deleted. The people running the site are stepping way over the line with trying to control everyone on there.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pof Account.

Comments

@PissedConsumer1745959

If you notice they keep modifying the pof.com website. In the past you could browse, now you cannot.

In the past it showed you information about whatever profile you clicked on, now they removed that. In the past you could stay logged off and use the "UserName Search" and it worked, now they disabled that because it's one of their "Pay Features". See the trend here?? Everything they do is to get people to sign up and once you do sign up they will delete you within 15 minutes in most cases, even if you upgraded within that 15 minutes.

Bottom Line Is they are after money, they are extremely money hungry and greedy. They most likely have automatic systems that track whatever devices you access the account with, log as much information as possible so even if you use a different email they can still delete you because they detect the device.

Plenty of fish is a terrible dating site. They or should I say he deletes profiles because someone hits the report profile button. Very immature and unprofessional.

@PissedConsumer1709439

OK first off Plenty Of Fish removed all the "Free Features". The website is only "Free to sign Up" then if you want to be able to contact anyone you have to upgrade.

Second off like a lot of other dating sites they use "Fake Interest Bots" to lure people to upgrade. In other words before you upgrade you will get messages from people supposedly interested in you that are fake, as soon as you upgrade these people suddenly disappear.

Third off "The people running this website" Don't Care, they make hundreds of millions of dollars per year just off of advertisements alone, not to mention the people they sucker into upgrading to a subscription. Conclusion - Stay away from Plenty of Fish and any other dating website owned by Match Group/IAC corporation because there are numerous scams being used to steal money.

Same happen to me, POF is banning people for the most ridiculous reasons. There are many malicious fake profiles on the site, constantly attacking your email box. Those are the people that should be deleted!

@PissedConsumer1705005

If you Google "Plenty Of Fish" when the results come up look on the right of the page. According to Google Plenty Of Fish had an estimated revenue of 100 million US Dollars in 2014.

Most of that 100 Million dollars came from Advertisements not upgraded membership. People need to stop attempting to create account after account, all you are doing is giving yourself a headache and enabling thieves to keep getting money for free.

It's a scam. I"m not sure why the government, who promises common law and consumer protection, would allow POF to continue.

I think there should be federal laws against companies who delete paid for profiles without any proof that they've violated the rules. I think these companies should be required to show where you've violated their rules. They should also be required by law to have a contact number...

They just stole $75 from me. I did not violate any of their six rules.

@PissedConsumer1703836

These companies can also change their "Terms Of Service Agreement" any time the want to. Which means the "Terms Of Service Agreement" at the current moment is most likely different from "Terms Of Service Agreement" that was in place when you signed up. This should be a red flag telling people that some shady people own and operate plenty of fish.

Alot of lies there. I read all six of their rules.

I've never one time violated them, yet they deleted my account after I paid their 8 month fee. The only thing that could've led to my deleted account is that a girl said rude things to me so I blocked her. This evidently made her angry so she reported it to POF, who didn't read the exchange of emails, but just assumed, that because she was a girl, then she must be right. Basically, they stole 75 dollars from me.

Here is the other scenario. POF randomly deletes accounts and pockets the money so that they don't have to spend the money to service your account. Think of this as the perfect scam. They have no phone number to contact them.

They are a large company so that no one person who is stolen from can do anything about it. If I had the money I'd get a lawyer to look at the email exchange that I had with the girl.

They'd see that no rude things were said. They'd demand my money back, but I would sue them for millions on behalf of all the other people that they've stolen from and lied about in order to pocket the money.

#1921266
@PissedConsumer1703833

They know the average person is not going to "Lawyer Up" and take them to court to recover such small amounts of money usually less than 100 dollars, This is part of the scam. They know the average person may leave bad reviews on the internet.

They don't care about that because other people keep signing up every single day and they are ripping people off every single day. In other words their money keeps rolling in no matter how many bad reviews they get.

I agree that it may be a waste of time to set up a profile on this site. I'm a woman who spent a good bit of time writing my profile.

All my pictures were respectable and very nice. Yet within 3 days of signing up, my account was deleted...and I have no clear idea why.

This has no customer service or anyone to talk to. A terrible experience!

@PissedConsumer1701049

If you actually did get a hold of csr@***.com they would just say. I am so sorry that plenty of fish disappointment you perhaps you would like to try our other dating website Match.com

@PissedConsumer1701049

I’m a woman who wrote a nice, respectable profile. All of my pictures were appropriate and my responses to messages were polite.

I was deleted without any reason. I emailed the listed customer service email and politely asked for an explanation. I’ve never received an email back. This seems like there’s some sort of scam going on.

Very frustrating.

I certainly won’t use POF again. I definitely won’t recommend POF to anyone, and I’ll share my bad experience with everyone as a warning to stay away from POF.

POF profile management is a complete joke. There are obvious spammers on the site, some posting weblinks.

Many sending weblinks and phone numbers in the 1st or 2nd auto generated messages. And the site doesn't delete these fast enough. However a female friend of mine who is looking for a fwb has had her account deleted 5 times in one week. She never posted anything nude or rude.

This site is a complete joke and waste of time. Another example is for Richmond, va almost all of the women ads for the area are inactive.

Do not waste your time with this site. if you are a guy.

@PissedConsumer1699426

What people need to do is avoid Plenty Of fish and the other Dating Websites and apps owned by IAC corporation/Match Group. If people just stopped trying to sign up, stopped using the mobile apps then these companies would not be getting paid all those advertisement dollars.

By constantly trying to sign up and use the apps the people are enabling these thieves to operate. They get paid to abuse people and they have made the Free Websites and apps completely unusable and a waste of time.

POF used to be a legit website. In the last 18 months it is just a front for scams and full of fake profiles.

There is no point in joining, they delete your account very often. Waste of time.

There is no point joining POF...you are just wasting your time. Every time I join my account gets deleted.

There is no warning, just that I can no longer log in. apparently if you get blocked over 15 times then your account gets deleted, and so does any subsequent account from your IP address or featuring your email address or photos! All the messages I send are clean, and no naked photos.

Yet, for the short amount of time before my account gets deleted, I get bombarded with visits from fake profiles advertising sex sites! There is some type of scam going on with the owners and moderators of that site.

@PissedConsumer1699047

Ok I agree with the moderator comment. They are allowing volunteer moderators or people they choose to be moderators.

Some of these people should not be moderator because some people allow that little bit of power to go to their head. As an experiment I created a profile filled in the basic information and did not upload a photo. I received one message probably a scam message, within ten minutes of receiving that message the profile was deleted and I was sent to the login screen.

Attempt to login and it said please register. What is happening is the company that owns most of the dating sites is trying to steer people towards using "Their Subscription Dating Apps and websites" and are making the "Free Sites Unusable" hence the deleting of profiles to be annoying.

I too have been deleted. I had a strange message from a man, telling me id copied someone elses profile, that i am married, that im terrible at my job, a liar and a cheat blah blah blah..

Next I knew, my account was gone . I looked up potential reasons for losing your account there there it was, most of what this faceless sicko had said to me.

@PissedConsumer1693340

These dating Websites and apps owned by IAC corporation have absolutely No Interest in providing a quality user experience. They are making massive amounts of money from the advertisements in the mobile apps and from the websites that they have no need to provide any kind of quality of service. It's simply about money, why would they improve things, maintain things, provide support and etc If they can just use and abuse people and still make millions in advertising dollars.

@PissedConsumer1694342

Thanks to your comment, I was able to locate IAC's customer service number, 212-314-**** or email,info@***.com. I called & told the operator I was having an issue with one of the website's they own.

He said that POF wasn't on his company's list anymore, however POF is listed on the company's webpage. He said Match my own POF in which he gave the only contact information he had for Match's customer service which was stephanie.patterson@***.com.

POF Reviews