1.8

Just had account hacked few hours ago when I noticed someone message me back... and I didn't previously message him.

Then I went to my Sent folder and saw all these messages... also messages which I didn't send.. My profile pics were all removed and had someone else's pic up. She changed to state to California and my hair color.

I immediately changed my password, logged out and back in.

BUT I could not find a POF setting to log out others from devices. I hid my profile... but then realized the scammer clicked a number of men's profiles - so my profile would still show up under their "viewed me."

I then deleted her pic and posted a picture that says "My account was hacked. Do NOT email megan.dicuza!" A few minutes later, POF deleted that pic citing it doesn't comply with their rules...

as if it was nudity. My picture was a warning to the POF men who were going to start emailing the scammer offline.

I messaged back as many men (as I could) saying, "STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP! My account got hacked!" Some replied back a thanks.

But at that point, I was done... as I realized there was NO AUTHENTICATION for me to change the password.

I didn't have to go into my email OR a code on my phone. I was simply able to do in within the profile. So that means, the scammer can easily do it if she/he was still in the profile.

STRANGE THING...

POF emailed me after I changed my password saying, "If you did not request this change, please immediately log into your account and change your password."

Now how am I supposed to do that IF the password would have been changed by the scammer?

So I reluctantly decided to delete my account.

(See numerous accounts were also hacked in the last few weeks. It's not good that POF didn't put up extra precautions OR warn us.)

Store Location: Orlando, Florida